Tesla is without a doubt one of the most well-known automobile manufacturers in the world today. Tesla is continually innovating and releasing new electric car technology, and presently has four commercially accessible car models, each with its own set of perks: the Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, and Tesla Model Y. It’s also working on many models, including the Cybertruck, hatchback, and Roadster. Tesla created an identity based on an ecosystem and a way of life, rather than just making electric automobiles. Tesla has always aimed to provide excellent electric automobiles at reasonable pricing. Its ecology is richer than it has ever been in 2022, but its prices have gradually shifted upstream. We’ll break down the car pricing for each of the Tesla EV models in this article. So, let’s dive into it.
Tesla Model S
The Model S is a well-known sports car and one of the most popular electric vehicles on the market, with impressive ranges and top speeds. The Model S was introduced in 2012. Since its release, Tesla has continued to update the Model S, and there are now two versions available: long range and Plaid. A new Tesla Model S costs between $94,990 and $129,990 in 2022. While some previous Model S vehicles had rear-wheel drive, all of the most recent Model S versions have all-wheel drive (AWD). Both versions of the Model S have five seats, and a cargo capacity of 28 cubic feet.
There are two versions of the Model S:
- Long Range: The Model S long range, which costs $94,990, has an estimated range of 405 miles, a top speed of 155 mph, and a 0-60-mph time of 3.1 seconds.
- Plaid: The Model S Plaid, which costs $129,990, has a range of 396 miles on a single charge, a top speed of 200 mph, and a sprint of 1.99 seconds to 60 mph.
Tesla Model 3
The Model 3 is the most affordable model in the Tesla lineup. Because of its unique combination of performance and affordability, the Model 3 has rapidly become the most popular electric cars. Tesla delivered on its promise to develop a vehicle that was more inexpensive than the Model S or Model X when the Model 3 was released in 2017. In reality, the Model 3 was the world’s 16th best-selling vehicle in 2020. A Tesla Model 3 will cost somewhere between $44,990 and $58,990 in 2022.
The Model 3 is available in three versions:
- Standard Range Plus: The standard range plus which costs $44,990, comes with a 267-mile estimated range, a top speed of 140 mph, a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds, and a RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) drivetrain.
- Long Range: The EPA-estimated range of the Long Range model is 353 miles, with a 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds and an AWD drivetrain which costs $51,990.
- Performance: The Model 3 Performance, which costs $58,990, has a 315-mile range, a top speed of 162 mph, and a 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds.
Tesla Model X
In 2015, it hit the market. The Tesla Model X is recognised for its superb “Falcon Wing” doors and expensive price. The Model X SUV is Tesla’s largest and most costly electric vehicle, with options for AWD dual and tri motor drivetrains. The latest Tesla Model X will cost between $111,490 and $126,490 in 2022. The final price of a Tesla Model X is affected by options, state/local incentives, and taxes. There are two versions, but three seating combinations to choose from: 5 (includes), 6 ($6,500 extra), or 7 ($3,500 extra).
The Model X comes in three flavors:
- Long Range: The dual-motor Model X Long Range, which costs $111,490, has a range of 348 miles and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and an AWD Drivetrain.
- Plaid: The tri-motor Model X Plaid model which costs $126,490 features a 333-mile range, an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) drivetrain, and a 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds.
Tesla Model Y
Tesla’s new electric car model, the Tesla Model Y, was unveiled in 2020. Tesla’s Model Y is a crossover vehicle that is rapidly gaining popularity. The Model Y’s compact SUV starts at $59,990 and goes up to $64,990 depending on whether you choose the Model Y Long Range or Model Y Performance. The car is quite similar to the Model 3 in terms of driving, appearance, and feel. This isn’t surprising, given that it’s made up of 75% Model 3 parts. The key difference is that the Model Y is larger and has greater space for both passengers and cargo. The Model Y Long Range model comes in two seating configurations: standard two rows with space for five passengers, or three rows with capacity for seven passengers for an extra $3,000. The Model Y Performance is a sportier model of the Model Y with a more luxurious interior.
The Model Y comes in two versions:
- Long Range: The Model Y’s long range model costs $59,990 and has a range of 330 miles on a single charge, a top speed of 135 mph, and a sprint time of 4.8 seconds to 60 mph.
- Performance: The Model Y performance model costs $64,990, and while it has a shorter range of 303 miles. This vehicle accelerates to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, has a greater top speed, AWD Drivetrain, and features larger wheels, improved brakes, and a lowered suspension.
Upcoming Tesla Models:
The Tesla Cybertruck was announced in November 2019. The Cybertruck was just postponed until 2023, and if Tesla announces a postponement, that date will very certainly change. Tesla’s Cybertruck electric pickup truck is a one-of-a-kind truck. With a stainless steel body and protected glass, the Cybertruck boasts a distinctive angular look. The cybertruck has a range of more than 500 miles, a 0-60 time of 2.9 seconds, and a towing capacity of more than 14,000 pounds. Furthermore, Tesla has removed all pricing information, so there isn’t anything to say about that.
The goal of the Roadster is to be the world’s quickest electric car. It has four seats and a glass roof that can be removed. Actually, it’s unclear if it will be released soon because the Cybertruck, which has been delayed, has been given top priority for production. The Roadster, on the other hand, should be well worth the wait, with a 620-mile range and a 1.9 second 0-60 time in the base model. A more powerful SpaceX Edition is also in the works, with a zero to sixty timing of roughly 1.1 seconds due to the cold air thrusters. The Roadster and the Founders Series are the two models available for reserve, with a price difference of $50,000 between them.
The Tesla hatchback will usher in a new era for the automaker. Tesla is entering the burgeoning low-cost EV market with a vehicle that will cost under $25,000. It appears to be a direct competitor to the Chevrolet Bolt as well as a number of European hatchbacks such as the ID.3. Because it’s a Tesla, you can anticipate a rear-wheel-drive configuration and enough horsepower to propel it from zero to sixty in under six seconds. Tesla hasn’t revealed the name of its new hatchback, but it’s been dubbed the ‘Model2’ by some outlets, probably because it’s smaller and less expensive than Tesla’s current entry-level car, the Model 3.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most expensive Tesla?
The Model S Plaid is the most expensive Tesla, priced at $129,990. Premium features such as tri-motor all-wheel drive (AWD) and a top speed of 200 mph are included in that price.
What is the longest range Tesla currently available?
The longest range option on this list is the 2022 Tesla Model S long range, which can go 405 miles on a single charge.
How long does a Tesla battery last?
A Tesla car battery is expected to last between 300,000 and 500,000 miles before needing replacement.