New Electric Car Buying Guide: Here’s All You Need to Know￼
The increase in automobile sales in a couple of months has also impacted the electric car purchase but in a positive manner. In July 2022, electric car sales have been registered 3.5 times which is, of course, a significant jump in EVs from the first half of the year. However, the lead EV car brand is still Tata Motors, followed by MG Motor, BYD, Audi, BMW, Hyundai and Mahindra & Mahindra.
If you are also looking for an EV car, then the Indian automobile gives you a diverse choice. The launch of New Electric Cars has increased the trust and popularity of EV vehicles among car buyers. Here we are helping you with a basic buying guide before investing in any electric car.
Why Buying Electric Car Is Investment Of Profit?
Currently, there are a plethora of EVs in the Indian automobile market, including 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers. Whatever you pick, choose wisely. Plan it well to invest in an electric car. We highlighted some points you must know while buying an electric car.
1. Cost: People do believe that EVs are pocket friendly. They are budget able on fuelling costs only. The expensive battery and complex mechanism make any electric car a costly vehicle. These are environment-friendly, not budget-friendly, as a small electric car (hatchback) can cost over 6 lakh to 7 lakh.
2. Fast Charging: Unlike our smart gadgets, EV do also have fast charging these days. The advancement of features makes any electric vehicle investment with incredible practicality. EV runs on an electric mechanism and battery life and thus needs time to recharge for seamless drives for hours. The top electric cars in India can charge from 0 per cent to 80 per cent in just an hour; that’s amazing.
3. EV Type: Not every electric car buyer knows about EV Type, so it is good to research well. There are three types of EVs available; Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs), and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). Each of the EVs shares its specific mechanism and performance. This is also important to decide on the driving range any EV car delivers.
4. EV Car Brand: There are many car brands with New Electric Car launches in India. However, options availability is still limited, so choose what is likely budget-friendly and preferable. India’s popular electric car brands are Tata Motors, MG Motors, Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Kia Cars etc.
5. Features and Performance: There is a much-expected chance for electric cars to have reliable performance. The instant torque and power production with EV is the most significant advantage of cars running on petrol or diesel. The features and mechanisms of electric cars can also be thrilled to deliver great speed, comfort and satisfactory performance. You need to worry about car specifications as they can drag fuel vehicles behind on the count of heavy-duty performance. The features like climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, ventilated seats, wireless charging, sensors, automotive technology, cameras etc., are now the latest and expected in EV cars.
6. Battery Life: The potential of electric cars is all dependent on the battery. So make sure the vehicle has a heavy-performing battery under a precise warranty. You can’t miss this aspect to decide if an EV is excellent and safe to drive. Typically a good and long-term battery warranty in electric vehicles works well to determine its performance and mechanism. Energy consumption, acceleration, etc., are also important.
7. After-Sales Service Support: Vehicles need maintenance, and supportive sales, including seamless service, are a must. Therefore always Buy Electric Car that offers a satisfactory ownership experience from the manufacturer. Car brands should also ensure you with excellent services for years of warranty. Make sure the EV you are buying is serviceable by brand professionals timely and risks less on functionality.
The Popular Indian Electric Cars In 2022:
- Tata Nexon EV Max.
- Tata Nexon EV.
- Tata Tigor EV
- Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder.
- MG Hector.
- MG Hector Plus.
- Kia EV6.
- Hyundai Kona.
- Audi E-Tron.
- Audi E-Tron GT.
The Final Thoughts:
If you are really concerned for our planet and need a futuristic vehicle purchase, then buying an electric car is great. It even helps your pocket stabilise when fuel rates fluctuate that surprisingly. Buy Electric Cars is eco-friendly with heavy-duty performance and high-tech features, delivering excellent driveability. Explore some great Electric Cars on Droom to choose the best that suits your pocket and preferences.